Friday, March 4, 2016

Hi-Res Version of Gunvolt 2 Cover-Art

So, ever since the latest Nintendo Direct ended and Gunvolt 2 news started spreading like wildfire, I've been looking around for a hi-res version of the Gunvolt 2 cover-art. With all the stuff in that image, you really want to examine it as thoroughly as possible to get a complete appreciation for the artwork. As I'm sure a number of you know, though, it's difficult to closely study an image that's not terribly large--which is why I set off to find a bigger image!

After conducting an extensive search, I managed to find just what I was looking for via Gematsu.com. I thought about just updating my last GV2 post with this info, but I thought this news was deserving of its own post. That said, I updated my last post as well. :P

You can check out the full-size image here! I don't know about you folks, but I'm getting this printed as a poster!

8 comments:

  1. Nice find! Do you know if there's Hi-Res cover art out there for the first Gunvolt game as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is about the best I could find for the Japanese version of the first game's cover art: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78089069/azure_striker_gunvolt.jpeg

      As for the NA version, I've honestly been looking for a hi-res version of that art myself for years, but still haven't managed to find one. Seriously, though, I REALLY wish I could. The best I've managed to find is only Twitter resolution.

      Delete
    2. Well, not literally "years," but ever since the game released.

      Delete
  2. Sweet!
    Thanks a lot man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know about the bosses on the upper-left and upper-right (puppeteer and Adept!Luna), but the other five are interesting.

    Right below Adept!Luna there's a boss whose face looks similiar to Viper's/Daytona's, and he possesses knee spikes. I'm thinking his power is speed.

    Up next is the green one. Green spikes, thorns, and vines all over? He'll manipulate plants.

    The center one is... odd. I can't tell what his powers may be at first glance, though I think we may have seen Copen's copy ability of his already (the extremely wide blue laser shot at an angle downard). I think he may be the closest there is to a leader amongst the seven.

    The next boss I can't really gleam anything about, so I'll just skip them... because the last one is Splashman. Fins? Check. Trident? Check. Streamlined design? Check again.

    Also, an interesting note: 4 out of seven of the bosses appear to be either blue or purple. I'm not sure how I feel about that, due the the colorfulness of the Sumeragi Seven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the color scheme seems a lot more monochromatic this time which is a bit disappointing but I will say that I don't want a rehash of the originals team and theme.

    Also any idea who the girl at the center top of the picture is.
    Everyone else can be classified off the bat as either Sumeragi,team GV or team Copen but not her.
    She kinda reminds me of Zonda but that isn't possible.
    Maybe she is this game's Nova considering Sumeragi's love for putting kids in charge?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!