Thursday, November 19, 2015

Embark on a Text Adventure With Gunvolt on DOS! (UPDATED)

So, some of you may remember that during Inti Creates' visit to PAX Prime earlier this year, they gave away some obscure Gunvolt floppy disks to the attendees at their panel. These disks contained an equally obscure"text adventure" wherein you were required to input specific keyboard commands in order to progress through various sequences. Suffice to say that it was pretty basic. Nonetheless, Inti Creates recently decided to make this game available to everyone online by converting it into a browser game. You can check it out in all its broken English (yeah, 8-4's at it again) here:
http://inticreates.com/ms-dos-gunvolt-available-online/

...Oh, right, you do need a code to start the game, don't you? Well... I did manage to figure it out, but you certainly don't expect me to spill the beans, do you? No sir, I'd never go ahead and say that the code is "Gunvolt".
.....
.............
......................Oh snap.

UPDATE: By way of KiwiKamikaze on GameFAQs, I've discovered the second code you need to progress through the "story" of this game. It's "5UM3R461", which is... well, basically "Sumeragi" written in l33t. Go figure! :P
Thanks, Kiwi!

5 comments:

  1. It's on the cover of the floppy but mine is a bit faded so once I called the number they tell you the code at the end of the message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the copies were distributed with faded codes, actually. Mine was like that, too, so I searched on ebay to see if I could get the code from someone else's case--only to discover that every copy looked the same as mine, lol.
      But I didn't even think to call that number. I honestly thought that was a joke. :P Good job!

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, okay. So it was intentional I guess! Makes it feel old! Also, I gotta thank my brother for calling in first. I probably would have not on my own! ><

      Delete
  2. After noodling around with it, I had the Pizza Guy ask me for the "secret password". A third one, or just Inti messing around? ;3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the third code is "grimoire7". He will then give you a 482 extension number. If you put that in the hotline that the game provided earlier (1-9RAN2SHOOT), you will receive a special Japanese voice message. Unfortunately, though, nobody's been able to translate it yet. :/

      Delete

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!