Monday, August 29, 2016

Gauri Stage Footage Translated


So, as I'm sure a lot of people know by now, Gunvolt 2 is officially out in Japan. I've decided that I'm not gonna be covering any of the post-release footage of the full game on this channel (primarily because I want to avoid spoilers myself, lol), but one thing that I did want to showcase was this translated gameplay footage of Gauri's stage. This comes from one of Inti Creates' most recent live streams and features Ikkan, Sawashiro Chiharu (voice of Gauri), and Megu Sakuragawa (voice of Lumen/Cyan). Suffice to say that it doesn't include the most top-notch gameplay, but it's nonetheless a fun watch. It's particurly hilarious to listen to Gauri's dialogue, as all his lines sound like rap lyrics. I was watching this video a couple days ago, before it was translated, and even though I couldn't understand the contexts of Gauri's lines at the time, I found myself just erupting into laughter! On a semi-related note, you have to wonder just how some of that stuff is gonna be localized in the North American version.

Anyway, thanks to Zoram as always for the translation!

3 comments:

  1. Damn, Ghauri is hilarious to watch. I wonder how his near constant rhyming and weird street slang will work in the English version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, from what footage we've seen he's kept the near-constant flowery rhyming.

      Delete

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!