Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Gunvolt Speedrun in 49:13 Accomplished by Greenalink



Prominent DS/3DS speedrunner Greenalink from Speed Demos Archive just completed a speedrun of Azure Striker Gunvolt with a total time of 49:13. At the moment, this seems to be the best time on record for an Any% run of the game. And rightly so! Greenalink displays some very clever techniques for shaving off time, such as using the infinite jumps acquired by Lumen's Reincarnation to speed up his ascent through the second portion of Merak's stage.

All in all, it's a very solid run! If I may digress for a second here, I was actually watching one of Greenalink's attempts at speedrunning this game on his Twitch channel a couple weeks back. I wasn't around for very long, but I remember that he was having particular difficulty with getting Lumen's Reincarnation to activate in Merak's stage. Of course, that's perfectly natural if you don't spend much time talking with Joule, but yeah, I'm glad to see that he was able to conquer that RNG in the end and run with it! Heck, I certainly don't think I'd have the patience for that (though I personally think S+ runs are more fun anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!