Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Secret Kudos Bonuses

A while back I discussed the various secret icons that you can find in the seven Adept stages. Today I'll be covering the secret kudos bonuses that the game rewards you with from time to time.

You may have actually gotten these yourself on occasion. Have you ever noticed a "SECRET" caption pop up on your screen while you were playing? That's a secret kudos bonus. The game rewards you with them for performing various different feats. Unlike the secret icons (which just set your kudos counter to 1,000 regardless of how high/low it is), these bonuses are purely beneficial, as they always give extra kudos. I honestly have no idea how many of these there are in the game, but I've discovered three so far:


1. Defeat the second Sumeragi tank in the first stage without letting it recharge. This'll net you 200 kudos.


2. Take the secret route in Merak's stage. This'll net you 360 kudos. To be honest, though, I don't find this bonus worth it. Since the secret route is a shortcut, you skip a lot of enemies, and hence a lot of kudos, by taking it. By my calculations, you miss around 1,000 kudos by taking the shortcut over the long route, even with the kudos bonus applied.


3. This is a big one. At the very beginning of the second portion of Elise's stage, you'll see a lamp that you can move around with your Flashfield. If you push it into the force barrier all the way to the left (behind where you came in), you'll get a massive 1,000 kudos!

So those are the secret kudos bonuses I've found. Again, I'm really not sure if there are more than these in the game. If you've managed to find others, I'd appreciate you letting me know so I can feature them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!