Friday, May 1, 2015

"Conflagration" Stage Dialogue


"Conflagration" Stage Dialogue:

Asimov: I've just sighted helicopters full of Sumeragi soldiers heading to your location.
Asimov: Looks like they noticed you.
Asimov: I'll shoot down what I can from here, but I can't get all of them.
Asimov: Some of them will probably make it onto the train.
Gunvolt: These missions can never just go smoothly, can they?
Gunvolt: Guess I'll just have to take out all the enemies I see.
Asimov: Luckily, this is a self-driving train.
Asimov: Even if you take out everyone on board, it will still take you to the plant on its own.
Asimov: Good luck, GV.



[At first explodable crates]
Asimov: Watch out: those orange crates are loaded with combustible fuel.
Asimov: If you hit them, they'll explode.

[Retry marker]
Asimov: There's a Retry Marker set up here.
Asimov: If you're aiming for a high score, you can pass them by...
Asimov: ...but if you just want to complete the mission normally, you'd do well to touch it.

Soldier 1: We're unable to hold back the intruder!
Soldier 2: Tsk... We have no choice. Launch the Spider!
Soldier 1: What!? But it hasn't been approved for field use yet!
Soldier 2: Just do it! If the Spider can take him out, that should work well enough as a test.
Soldier 1: Yes, sir. Begin Spider launch sequence!

Asimov: I'm picking up something on radar... Wait, is that a--!?
Asimov: Watch out, GV. I'm sensing something like a tank on the tracks.
Gunvolt: Something "like" a tank?
Gunvolt: It's not "like" you to be so vague.
Asimov: It doesn't match anything in our database.
Asimov: Stay on guard. It might be a new model.

[Spider fight]
Gunvolt: You were right. I've never seen a tank like this before.
Asimov: Is that a generation 10? I don't have any data on this.
Asimov: Careful out there, GV.
Gunvolt: Roger.
Gunvolt: When I get back, I'll file a battle report.
Asimov: Thanks. I'm counting on you.

[Spider beaten]
Asimov: Great job, GV.
Asimov: After you destroy the Gate Monolith, go ahead and infiltrate the plant.
Gunvolt: Roger.

[Part two]
Asimov: Looks like you made it in. Head for the central area of the plant.
This is Sumeragi's Biochem Plant.
They're probably burning all that fuel here.
The temperature in here is so hot it almost feels like needles on my skin.
An average human would probably start showing signs of dehydration in minutes in here.

[First blast furnace]
Gunvolt: A blast furnace? So that's why it's so hot.
Gunvolt: ...
I guess it's expected from an area like this, but what in the world do they use it for?

[Steam vent area]
There are vents of superheated steam here.
Asimov: You might be hard as nails, but you'll still take damage if you touch those.

[Second blast furnace]
Gunvolt: Another blast furnace...
Asimov: You should be able to jump over it with a dash jump.

[Third blast furnace]
Asimov: Doing a dash jump from on top of a crate should let you make it to the other side.

[Siren room]
Asimov: Seems they set up a trap. Take out every enemy you see.
Gunvolt: Roger.
It looks like the plant's security system has been activated.
The floor is a moving conveyer belt.
I need to be careful not to fall off.

Asimov: Good job, GV.
Asimov: Looks like you made it out alive.

[Vertical steam tunnel]
This time the steam's coming out from the walls.
If I use the Flashfield, I can slow my descent.
I should take this one slow.

Ninja: Intruder! You won't make it past here!
Ninja: Your head is mine!
Asimov: They're shinobi -- ninja!

This lift probably acts as a platform for the plant workers.
Asimov: That Plasma Lift will move faster the more electricity you run through it.
Gunvolt: Hope they don't mind if I use this.

Asimov: If you stop using the Flashfield...
Asimov: ...the platform will move back to its original position after a few seconds.
Asimov: Keep that in mind.

[Second group of ninja]
Gunvolt: More ninja?

Asimov: Sumeragi has its roots in a tribe of onmyoji with a history that goes back to the Heian period.
Asimov: So, it's not unusual that they would have some members trained in the ninja arts.
Gunvolt: Asimov... I think you're mixing up onmyoji and ninja.

Asimov: Just beyond there is the nuclear reactor that's at the heart of this plant.
Asimov: If you can blow up the reactor... Well, you saw all the fuel they have in there.
Asimov: Let's just say it will get toasty in there.
Asimov: They won't be back up and running any time soon.
Asimov: Destroy the Gate Monolith and head for the reactor.
Gunvolt: Roger.

[Pre-Viper battle]
Asimov: You're almost at the reactor. Be careful.
Gunvolt: Since when are you such a worrywart?
Asimov: A professional knows to never let his guard down.

GV: A Sumeragi adept, huh... Get out of my way.
Viper: No way.
Viper: When I heard you were on my turf, I got over here as fast as I could.
Viper: Where you're headed for isn't the nuclear reactor...it's hell!
Viper: My name's Viper!
Viper: I can't forgive you for stealing my precious Joule away from me!
Gunvolt: Joule? What does she have to do with this?
Viper: You know what I have to say to guys who mess with other people's love affairs?
Viper: "Get kicked by a horse and go to hell!"

[Viper battle]
Gunvolt: A love affair? With Joule!?
Viper: Who else? And then you had to go and take her away...
Viper: Do have any idea what you've done!?
Gunvolt: I don't want to hear that from a Sumeragi pawn! You were just using her as a tool!
Gunvolt: If you really love Joule, then why didn't you save her?
Viper: Don't give me that!
Viper: You're a terrorist, so you should know this better than anyone.
Viper: The world's a rough place for punk adepts like us.
Viper: At least when Joule was with Sumeragi, she was safe.
Viper: Sure, she might have been a little unhappy about it, but... Listen, man...
Viper: That's just part of the job description for an idol, okay?
Viper: You're just being selfish if you think leaving Sumeragi was good for her!
Gunvolt: She WANTED to be free! She hated that her songs were making people suffer!
Gunvolt: Are you saying she should have just been a bird in a cage forever?
Viper: People don't always know what's best for them!
Viper: Getting everything you want doesn't always make you happy.
Gunvolt: How can you call it happiness if you're ignoring her wishes?
Viper: Shut up! Just shut up!
Viper: What matters is that when she's hooked up to that machine, I... Argh! She's so cute!
Viper: And you... You stole that paradise from me!
Viper: I'll never forgive you! Never! I'll kick you to death!
Gunvolt: ...You're sick, Viper!
This man is dangerous... I can't leave him alive!
Gunvolt: My Azure Striker will douse your flames of selfish desire!
Viper: Shut up! I'm going to burn that lightning to ashes!
Viper: My legs are burning with fury!
Gunvolt: Burst forth, Azure Striker!
Viper: I'm gonna kick you in the mouth, you arrogant twerp!
Gunvolt: My lightning will extinguish the flames of sin!

[Translation Notes]
- An onmyoji is essentially an ancient Japanese sorcerer or diviner. I don't really know much about them, so I'm just going to direct you to the Wikipedia article about them if you want to know more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmy%C5%8Dd%C5%8D

- I've included the pre-battle cutscene dialogue in this one since the battle dialogue continues directly from it. I may try and translate the other cutscenes later, since the localization seems to have changed the feel of some of them.

- Asimov uses a lot of English words in his Japanese dialogue ("good luck", "ignition", "great", etc.). This may be because he's American, as this concept art suggests: http://koi-nya.net/img/subidos_posts/2014/05/Nuevos-detalles-sobre-la-historia-y-personajes-de-Azure-Striker-Gunvolt.jpg
The joke about him mixing up onmyoji and ninja could be because of this as well.
----
Credit to Eclipse aka "Sensei Hanzo" on GameFAQs, who translated this!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!