Friday, May 1, 2015

"Spintronics" Stage Dialogue


"Spintronics" Stage Dialogue:

Zeno: Your target's the main server in this facility.
Zeno: If you can destroy that, then this place is done for.
Gunvolt: Got it. I'll try to find the server.

Gunvolt: This looks like a magnetic lift.
Zeno: Magnetic, huh? That means you can pull it to you with your Flashfield.
Zeno: It's time for the electro middle schooler to do his stuff!
Gunvolt: What?
Gunvolt: I mean, I am in middle school, but what does that have to do with anything?



Gunvolt: By the way, are you sure you just want me to destroy the server?
Gunvolt: I don't have to bring back the data that's on it or anything?
Zeno: Even if you did, there's no way we could crack Sumeragi's encryption.
Zeno: It'll be faster to just destroy it.
Gunvolt: I see...

Gunvolt: Looks like I can use the the Flashfield to pull out these platforms.
Zeno: Watch out for those spikes! Though, at least they won't kill you in one hit.
Gunvolt: One hit? What are you talking about?
Zeno: That's how it used to be back in the day.

[First Retry Marker]
I can see a huge number of servers from here.
These servers are collecting enormous amounts of data on adepts, including research data, from Sumeragi servers around the world.
There might even be data about Joule and me in there.
I was created as an experiment in one of Sumeragi's labs.
The data from those experiments might be used to create more victims. I can't let that happen.
I must end the chain of sorrow!
Zeno: Hey... It's fine that you're serious about the mission, but don't do anything crazy.
Gunvolt: ...I know.

[Siren room]
Gunvolt: I'm locked in.
Zeno: Try climbing towards the ceiling. There's probably a siren up there.
Zeno: If you destroy that, the doors should unlock.

[Gate Monolith]
Zeno: Looks like you made it out okay.
Zeno: Destroy the Gate Monolith and keep on going!

[First magnet ceiling room]
Zeno: Whoa, there's a really strong magnetic field coming from the ceiling.
Gunvolt: It looks like using the Flashfield will pull me up to the ceiling.
Zeno: Maybe you can use that to get through.
Zeno: Magnet Power!

Zeno: The floor's all covered in spikes here.
Zeno: Make sure you don't fall down.

[Rapid-fire guns area]
Zeno: Oh man, this is gonna be a pain.
I might be able to use the magnetic lifts to block the bullets.

Zeno: Man, who made all this? It's like some kind of puzzle.
Zeno: Let the Puzzle Time begin!
Gunvolt: ...?

Zeno: This is some pretty heavy security.
Gunvolt: Sumeragi is a huge corporation. They even influence this country's politics.
Gunvolt: I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to protect their confidential data.

Zeno: I've been thinking... Is it really okay for them to have all these magnetic fields in a data bank?
Gunvolt: ...? What do you mean?
Zeno: Oh, right. Old storage media used to be weak to magnets.
Zeno: When a retro collector like me sees data being stored in a place like this...
Zeno: ...it kind of makes me wince, you know?
Gunvolt: Just how old are you?
Zeno: What do you think?
Zeno: Don't I look like a freshly-picked 16 year old to you?
Gunvolt: "Freshly-picked"?
Zeno: Delicious!

[Second Gate Monlith]
Zeno: It's the Gate Monolith! Hurry up and destroy it.

[Pre-Carrera]
Zeno: The main server room is just ahead!
Zeno: Go wild in there!

[Carrera battle]
Zeno: We've got a real character on our hands.
Zeno: Is he drunk on battle or something?
Gunvolt: I don't have time to be messing around with you.
Gunvolt: But if you get in my way, then I'm not going to hold back.
Carrera: Do not hold back! I need no mercy.
Carrera: If thou dost not fight me at thy full power, then such a fight would be meaningless.
Carrera: Show me thy strength...
Carrera: The strength of the Azure Striker!
Gunvolt: Take a good, hard look. It's the last you'll get before I wipe the floor with you.
Carrera: Hahahaha! I like thy spirit! This will be a good fight!
Carrera: O, the clashing of septima...
Carrera: Nothing could be more invigorating!
Carrera: Never have I felt such emotion welling up in mine chest.
Carrera: This is true bliss!
Is he insane?
I've never fought anyone like this before. I don't sense any hate; just a desire to fight.
A violent spirit without a goal.
Carrera: 18 years have passed since I was born as an adept.
Carrera: Meeting a strong warrior like you made that interview with Sumeragi worth it!
Carrera: All I wish for is power.
Carrera: Power is gained through clashing with someone with greater power...and slaughtering them.
Carrera: Come, Gunvolt! I challenge thee to defeat me!
Carrera: Give me hardship! Give me victory!! Give me power!!!
Gunvolt: Don't drag me into your conceited desires!
Gunvolt: The power you seek is meaningless!
Carrera: The pursuit of strength is engraved into my very being.
Carrera: This is what all men desire!
Gunvolt: What an empty person... I'm going to end your worthless existence!
Gunvolt: Burst forth, Azure Striker, and crush these hollow fists!

[Translation Notes]
- Carrera why

- Zeno makes several pop culture references in this stage:

"electro middle schooler": I struggled to figure out how to translate this, but this is a reference to Toaru Majutsu No Index (A Certain Magical Index). Index features a character named Misaka Mikoto, a middle-schooler with the power to manipulate electricity much like Gunvolt. The main character in Index teases her by calling her "biribiri" (a Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of an electric shock), and this is the same word that Zeno calls Gunvolt.

"at least they won't kill you in one hit": A reference to the Mega Man series, where touching spikes immediately kills you.

"Magnet Power!": The name of the power that Neptuneman has in the Kinnikuman series.

"Let the Puzzle Time begin!": A line from Phi Brain: Kami No Puzzle (Phi Brain: Puzzle of God).
---
Credit to Eclipse aka "Sensei Hanzo" for translating this!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!