Friday, May 1, 2015

"Abyss" Stage Dialogue


"Abyss" Stage Dialogue:

Gunvolt: I've infiltrated the base. That was almost too easy...
Moniqa: It might be a trap. Be careful.

[First enemy]
Gunvolt: An enemy!
Gunvolt: They must've noticed me.
Moniqa: We don't have a choice now. You'll just have to take it out.



Sumeragi Subaquatic Base No. 3... Construction on this base started before Sumeragi's next-generation power plants became practical.
Its purpose was to collect resources from the sea floor.
However, the next-gen power plants went online just before construction of the base was completed.
As a result, the base was repurposed as a research lab.
Or at least, that's what they say to the public.
Gunvolt: With security this heavy, there's no way this is just a research facility.
Moniqa: You're right... This base is all the way on the bottom of the ocean.
Moniqa: These soldiers got deployed way too fast for how late they noticed you.
Moniqa: Are they really building an armed submarine here?
Gunvolt: Or did someone leak false information to QUILL to lure me out here?

[Just before floating mine enemy]
Gunvolt: What's this thing floating in front of me?
Moniqa: That's a Barricade Machine. If you touch it, you'll take damage.
Moniqa: Look for an opening and jump past it.

[Fall into first wormhole]
Was that the enemy's septima!?
Moniqa: What happened?
Soldier: So you finally came, Gunvolt! Just like a moth to the flame!
Soldier: Or should I say, a moth to the sea?
Soldier: Troops! Open fire!

[Exit first wormhole trap]
Moniqa: It looks like space is all twisted around inside the facility.
Gunvolt: In other words, it's a wormhole septima, huh?
I have no way of predicting when I'm going to get warped somewhere.
This is going to be a pain...

[Third wormhole trap, or secret wormhole]
Gunvolt: ...! Was that the enemy's septima!?

[Secret route]
Gunvolt: Huh, there's a hidden path here...
Moniqa: There might be more of those hidden around the facility.

[First gate monolith]
Gunvolt: I've found the gate monolith.
Moniqa: Okay. Destroy it and move on.
Moniqa: According to my data, the submarine dock should be just ahead.

[Part two]
Gunvolt: Is this the submarine dock?
Moniqa: I don't see a submarine anywhere. Wait, don't tell me...
Gunvolt: ...

[Water starts rising]
Gunvolt: ...!
Water is rushing in from the floor, and the smell of salt water fills the air.
Gunvolt: Sea water... So that's their plan!
Lure me into the base with false intel, and then flood the entire facility with sea water...
That's probably what their strategy was.
Moniqa: They couldn't! There are still tons of Sumeragi employees in there!
Gunvolt: ...Would you really put it past them?
This was a trap intended for me.
The sodium chloride -- salt -- in sea water is an electrolyte.
In other words, when I'm underwater, my septima diffuses and I can't use the Flashfield.
It's one of the few weaknesses of the otherwise invincible Azure Striker.
This base is on the sea floor. If I get trapped under the water, my chances of escaping are close to zero.
Gunvolt: This is a pretty elaborate plan just to get rid of one person...
The trap had probably already been set in motion by the time we got the false intel.
Moniqa: I'm sorry... If I had noticed it was a fake tip, then...
Gunvolt: ...Don't worry about it. I just need to escape from this facility.
Moniqa: GV... You'd better come back alive, okay?
[I can't tell if there's anything after this line because it keeps getting cut off by either the [Go underwater] or [Approach green soldier] dialogues depending on if I climb too slow or too fast, respectively]

[Go underwater]
Gunvolt: Urgh... Can't breathe...!
Moniqa: Hang in there, GV! You need to stay above the water!

[Use Flashfield underwater]
Gunvolt: Dang it! The lightning just diffuses into the water!

[Approach green soldier]
Soldier: What's happening?! This wasn't part of the plan!
Soldier: Screw it! If I'm dying, then I'm taking you with me!

[Bulkheads]
Gunvolt: I don't have time for these!
Moniqa: Gunvolt, you need to hurry!

Soldier 1: What are you doing?! Hurry up and drain the water!
Soldier 2: But...Lord Merak hasn't issued an order like that!
Soldier 1: Open your eyes! Merak doesn't care whether we live or die!
Soldier 2: Ugh...

[Flooding stops]
Gunvolt: The flooding's stopped...
Moniqa: I'm so glad you're okay...

[Siren room]
Gunvolt: Are they just trying to buy time?
Moniqa: GV, are you okay?
Gunvolt: Don't worry. I'll make it back alive.

[Second gate monolith]
Moniqa: There's the gate monolith.
Moniqa: Just beyond it is an underwater tunnel. You should be able to use that to escape!

[Merak fight]
Moniqa: What's this guy's deal?
Gunvolt: Are you playing with me?
Merak: Hm... I guess you could say I'm not taking you seriously.
Merak: Isn't it tiring having to go all-out?
Merak: I'm a prodigy. I hate having to do things myself.
Gunvolt: ...Then why didn't you just stay home?
Merak: Hey, if it were up to me I would have.
Merak: But you can't eat if you don't work. IRL sucks, man.
Merak: You know what, though?
Merak: They said if I beat you, I'll get three years of paid vacation.
Merak: So I went to the trouble of making this strategy just for you...in between grinding MMOs.
Merak: I even went to the trouble of using my septima!
Merak: But then my useless soldiers had to ruin it all!
Merak: Really, why did they have to go and drain the water?
Merak: Don't they realize they're making more work for me?
Merak: Here's a tip: never count on a redshirt.
Merak: And when they mess up, I'M the one who has to punish them.
Gunvolt: Merak!
Gunvolt: Does a human life mean nothing to you?
Merak: Oh boy, here we go.
Merak: I start getting tired just thinking about it.
Merak: You can't expect me to worry about someone else's life.
Merak: All I want is to relax and have an easy life. Is that so much to ask?
Gunvolt: ...
Gunvolt: If that's what you want, then my Azure Striker will put you to rest.
Merak: Geez, lighten up. What is this, a funeral?
Merak: I'm tired, so could you hurry up and die already?
Gunvolt: You're the one who's going to need a funeral!
Gunvolt: Burst forth, Azure Striker! Give this depraved soul his last rites!

Credit to Eclipse aka "Sensei Hanzo" on GameFAQs, who translated this!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!