Friday, May 1, 2015

"Idolatry" (Firmament) Stage Dialogue *Spoilers*


"Idolatry" Stage Dialogue:

Nova: Heh... It looks like he's come to save the captured princess.
Nova: See, Lumen?
Nova: Or should I say, Joule?
Joule: ...
Joule: *GV...*



You feel like you can hear Joule's voice.

Ninja: I won't let you get to Lord Nova!
Ninja: Long live Sumeragi!
Gunvolt: Out of my way! I don't have time to deal with you!

Joule: *GV...*
Gunvolt: Joule... I hope you're okay...!

Joule: *GV... I...*
Gunvolt: Don't worry... I'll save you!

[Before Nova's Room]
Gunvolt: I can feel the waves of her song...
Gunvolt: Joule must be in here.

[Nova Battle]
Nova: As long as I'm protected by Lumen's Cyber Field, your attacks won't reach me.
Nova: Furthermore, she's also strengthening my septima, "Psychokinesis".
Nova: Look how powerful I am, and without even using a Glaive... She really is amazing!
Lumen: *G...V...*
Gunvolt: ...!
Lumen: *Please...stop...me...*
Nova: Oh, you're still conscious? Well, not that you can do anything.
Nova: You're completely under my control now.
Gunvolt: I won't let you toy with Lumen like that!
Nova: I don't need permission from a terrorist.
Nova: All this is in the name of peace. I'm not playing around.
Gunvolt: Peace!?
Nova: Us adepts are dangerous monsters... Copen said it too.
Nova: It's like everyone is carrying around some unknown weapon. That's not safe, is it?
Nova: Even you must understand the need for control.
Gunvolt: There must be some way other way to do it.
Nova: Perhaps...if we had the time to look for one. But we don't.
Nova: Countless foreign corporations, organizations, and even governments have their eyes on the technology Sumeragi uses to control the adepts of this country.
Nova: Sumeragi... No, this country itself has many enemies. QUILL is one of them.
Nova: In order for our country to survive, we must suppress the danger as fast as possible.
Nova: Now is the time for us to build an army.
Nova: With the Diva Project, we can achieve both of those goals quickly and simultaneously.
Nova: In other words, what we're doing is just.
Gunvolt: If that's what you call "just"...
Gunvolt: ...then I'm fine with being a terrorist!
Gunvolt: I'm just here to save Joule -- that's all!
Gunvolt: Burst forth, Azure Striker!
Gunvolt: My lightning will become a bolt of unshaking resolve and destroy your twisted justice!
Nova: You really are the bad guy, through and through.
Nova: Why don't we have you lie down and take a little rest until the project is complete?

[Nova Stage 2]
Nova: The Muse has the ability to control the mind.
Nova: My Psychokinesis can control physical matter.
Nova: Mind and body... All living beings are composed of these two elements.
Nova: Now that I have the power to control both, I have become omnipotent!
Nova: With this power, I can control all the adepts in the world.
Nova: Before me, both adepts and non-adepts are nothing but weaklings.
Nova: Under my absolute rule, the people of the world will be led to peace.
Nova: I am the last emperor... The ruler of the universe!
Nova: I AM Sumeragi!
Gunvolt: Who do you think you are!?
Gunvolt: What makes you think you have the right to do that?
Nova: Are you saying you have the right to deny me?
Gunvolt: No one has the right to rule over everything.
Gunvolt: But you still think you can just use Joule like a tool.
Gunvolt: I said it before, and I'll say it again! I won't forgive you!
That day when I met Joule, she shared her wish with me.
*I want to be free.*
*I want to stand at the top of the world and see it all!*
If that's what she wants, then I'll save her.
Gunvolt: Asimov saved me and set me free.
Gunvolt: Now, I want to do the same for Joule. I want to be her wings.
Gunvolt: Nova... If you're a cage that's imprisoning Joule...
Gunvolt: ...then I'll smash that cage with my lightning!
My septima -- Azure Striker -- is starting to boil.
All the cells in my body are crying out.
With this burning anger, these raging emotions...
...I will destroy him!
Gunvolt: Burst forth, Azure Striker!
Gunvolt: I will be the wings that help Joule's wish come true!
Nova: You really are something...
Nova: You would choose a little girl over world peace?
Nova: How foolish!
Nova: In the name of Sumeragi, I will deliver divine punishment upon you!
Nova: My will is the will of the universe!

[Translation Notes]
- Nova's Japanese name is Shiden (紫電), which means "purple lightning" or "the light reflecting off a sharpened sword".

- The Japanese stage title is Tenshu (天主) can be translated as "Lord of Heaven", or "God".

- "Sumeragi" is an old Japanese word for "emperor" (the word commonly used now is tennou 天皇). There are a lot of links to Japanese mythology towards the end of the game, specifically the creation myth. If you're not familiar with it, the gist is that the gods Izanagi and Izanami dipped a spear into the ocean, and when they took it out, the drops of water that fell off the tip of the spear became the islands of Japan. Here are the Japanese names of the last three stages, and how they relate to the creation myth:
Firmament - "Ame-no-ukihashi" ("floating bridge of heaven"): the name for the clouds Izanagi and Izanami were standing on
Babel - "Ame-no-sakahoko" ("inverted spear of heaven"): the name of the spear
Eridu - "Onogoro Float": Onogoro Island is the name of the first island that was created
---
Credit to Eclipse aka "Sensei Hanzo" for translating this!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments free from NSFW content and general insults towards your fellow adepts. Thank you!